Program Educational Objectives
The BS CS program educational objectives (PEOs) can be defined in terms of what our graduated students are expected to be performing in their professional careers. Namely, our graduate students are expected to:
- PEO1: successfully integrate a wide variety of information technology firms to join their research and development, quality assurance and business analysis units.
- PEO2: actively participate in the innovation and progress of the computing community by developing, evaluating, supporting and adopting new technologies and advancements.
- PEO3: fully and efficiently collaborate and work with colleagues amongst superiors and peers, while respecting professional ethics and standards.
Program Outcome Objectives
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.